- negotiation and drafting of contracts, guarantees, etc.
- debt recovery and protective measures
- establishment of foundations and commercial companies
- liability and insurance
- intellectual property law
- protection of the family, divorce
- working contracts, lease contracts, company contracts
- social insurance, pensions and annuities
- estates’ liquidation
- children’s rights/law
- construction law
- domiciliation negotiation and tax packages/flat-rate tax
- advice and appeals in tax matters
- advice and representation in court
- representation of victims
- road traffic offence
For litigious cases brought before a judicial authority, the fixation of the lawyer’s fees is determined by the provisions of the cantonal law fixing the fare of costs and expenses before the judicial or administrative authorities. This law provides that the lawyer’s fees are proportional to the value in dispute, but also sets other criteria such as the nature and importance of the case, its difficulties, the extent of work, the time usefully spend by the lawyer and the parties’ financial situation. For all matters not directly related to the progress of the case itself, the lawyer’s fees are determined in accordance with the indications mentioned below for non-litigious cases.
The client with a modest condition can be granted of free legal assistance. The lawyer will have to determine in each case whether the conditions for such an assistance are met.
For non-litigious cases, the lawyer’s out-of-court fees are set mainly according to an hourly rate of CHF 300.—. The lawyer may also consider the nature and difficulties of his mandate, the interests at stake, the liability incurred, the result obtained or the client’s situation. The hourly rate may also be risen according to the value in dispute.
- Systematic collection of Valais legislation
- Association of Valaisan Lawyers
- Association of Valaisan Notaries
- Official website of the State of Valais
- Systematic collection of Geneva legislation
- Systematic collection of Vaud legislation
- Systematic collection of Fribourg legislation
- Systematic collection of Neuchâtel legislation
- Systematic collection of Zurich legislation
- Systematic collection of Bern legislation